Foodie fans shopping at Broughton Park this weekend can expect a treat.
An Eats from the Street food festival returns, offering shoppers the chance to discover the world’s latest and greatest street food dishes.
The festival will feature everything from fresh Italian pizza and pasta to traditional American loaded hot dogs and burgers. Tapping into the alternative cocktail trend, The Rovin Bar will also be mixing up delicious jam jar drinks.
Street food stalls will be dishing up at the park between 11am-6pm on June 25 and 26 and visitors will be able to enjoy their food in a converted double decker Routemaster bus seating area.
Deputy centre manager Alan Barker said: “It’s fantastic to see Eats from the Street back at the park for the second year running.
“Street Food is continuing to grow in popularity, as it gives people the chance to sample the latest culinary trends in a really informal and fun setting. The festival is a celebration of this, giving local food traders the chance to come together and share their fantastic food with our shoppers.
“We’d encourage the region’s foodies to come along to try something different and hopefully discover a new favourite dish.”
What’s on offer?
· The Street Diner – visit this American-inspired eatery for burgers and hot dogs packed with added extras – try their signature Street Burger!
· The Rovin’ Bar – unusually served out of a Land Rover, this on-the-road bar will be selling a selection of world beers, prosecco and jam jar cocktails
· Pommorala Pizza – for all things Italian, including wood fire pizzas. Sample a slice of the ‘Posh’ pizza with gorgonzola, pears and walnuts
· Artisam – dishing up traditional British foods, including BBQ brisket and specialty burgers
· The Farm Shops – selling delicious baby back ribs, falafel and crepes
· The Coffee Bike (June 26 only) – ideal for on-the-go drinks or a catch up over a cuppa in the festival seating area