A hospice is inviting charitable socialites to get on board with a new campaign to promote the launch of an innovative fundraising scheme in the area.

St Luke’s Hospice in Winsford is looking for people with a strong social media presence who want to give something back to the community to volunteer as Change Makers.

With no regular commitment required, Change Makers are tasked with sharing news of the launch of online shopping site Care2Save where customers can shop for their favourite brands and nominate any UK registered charity to receive 80% of the commission earned on their purchases, with the remaining 20% going to the Care2Save Charitable Trust to support and develop hospice and palliative care projects in the UK and around the world.

The launch of the initiative comes at an important time for St Luke’s, having recently celebrated its 25th anniversary.

The hospice receives little national funding and the contributions of Change Makers will help to support their invaluable work in caring for people across Cheshire suffering from life threatening illnesses.

Becky Painter, 32, from Crewe, is one of the first six Change Makers to sign up.

She said: “My mum used to be a collector for the lottery at St Luke’s a long time ago, so I’ve always been keen to get involved in fundraising for the hospice, especially as it does such an important job.

“It’ll be so easy to spread the word of Care2Save by posting on my Twitter and Facebook page and it’s got potential to give so much back to the community.”

Diane Eeley, head of corporate and community development for St Luke’s, said: “The hospice relies almost entirely on voluntary donations, this is a wonderful way local people can help secure the future of St Luke’s Hospice by simply sharing the message of Care2Save and nominating St Luke’s as their chosen charity .

“We are tremendously excited by the potential of this and urge people to get involved. Social media is extremely powerful, and yet an inexpensive way of getting the message out.”

If you would like to become a Change Maker, contact Diane at diane_eeley@stlukes-hospice.co.uk or on 01606 555 697.

Find out more about

We're testing a new site: This content is coming soon