THE race was back on last night to find a buyer for Wrexham FC after the Court of Appeal upheld a decision to strip Alex Hamilton of ownership of the Racecourse ground.
Administrators running the club invited potential buyers, including at least four previous bidders, to submit plans.
And they said it was time for interested parties "to stop talking and show they mean business".
Their call came as delighted fans celebrated their monumental victory over owner Mr Hamilton who was last night facing a six-figure legal bill.
The London court delivered a damning indictment of the businessman's purchase of the Racecourse freehold, and unanimously threw out his appeal against an earlier ruling.
The three top judges also awarded costs to club administrators Begbies Traynor Ltd.
The decision left solicitor turned property developer Mr Hamilton owing hundreds of thousands of pounds in legal costs.
He appealed against a High Court ruling last October that transferred ownership of the Racecourse Ground from his company Crucialmove Ltd to the club.
But the crushing court defeat means the House of Lords is the only place left for the Cheshire businessman to take his case.
Former Wrexham chairman, and one-time owner, Mark Guterman, also came under fire for his role in plans to profit from redevelopment of the Mold Road ground.
Administrators running the Dragons said they were determined to achieve a speedy sale of the League Two outfit with or without the co-operation of majority shareholder Mr Hamilton.
They face a race against time to find a buyer before the June 3 deadline when, under Football League rules, the club must be out of administration.
League bosses previously indicated they could be sympathetic to Wrexham FC's plight if the club is forced to extend its administration period.
Steve Williams, one of Begbies Traynor's two insolvency practitioners, yesterday(Tues) invited potential buyers to submit bids.
Mr Williams admitted he was not optimistic Mr Hamilton, who owns 78% of the shares, would co-operate in selling the club.
But he said contingency plans were in place.
"He retains a majority shareholding and we would hope he can be persuaded to assist in the early disposal of the club," he said.
"But his actions to date suggest that might not be the case and in that event we do have an alternative plan we are confident we could implement if necessary.
"That may well be to the disadvantage of minority shareholders. But we believe the club's survival is paramount and under the circumstances we feel sure the minority shareholders would advocate that."
Four main bidders may still be in the frame.
Fans' favourite and former Racecourse director Neville Dickens and Chester businessman Geoff Moss who have tabled bids.
Surrey-based property consultant Andy Smith whose lockout agreement with Mr Hamilton failed.
Controversial former owner Mark Guterman who was involved in the deal to transfer ownership of the club to Mr Hamilton's Crucialmove company.
Middlesex businessman Paul Buttivant who is behind the refurbishment of Wrexham's Feathers Pub.
Mr Williams, who has not ruled out bids from other interested parties, said all offers would be considered on merit.
"We have a duty to the creditors,. But we are aiming to sell the club as a going concern which is what we set out to do from day one.
"We'll do that as long as there is someone out there who has the club's interests at heart and is prepared to bid at the right kind of level.
"Now it's time for those parties who have expressed an interest to stop talking and show they mean business.
"Any offer should include the quantum of the bid, timescale, evidence and source of funding, any and all conditions attaching to the offer and their plans for the club going forward."
Aware Wrexham fans are backing the Dickens/Moss bid, Mr Williams said he was optimistic a deal could be struck before the Football League's annual meeting in June when the club could face expulsion.
Under current guidelines member clubs are not allowed to remain in administration for longer than one season.
"If all the parties involved - the local authority, the Welsh Assembly Government and the fans - collectively get behind a well-formulated bid that has the club's interests at heart then we believe that we can do it within the timeframe," he said.
Wrexham went into administration in November 2003 with debts of around £4.5m, the majority of which is owed to the Inland Revenue and Customs & Excise.
But Mr Williams believes the creditors will be flexible.
"Hopefully, they will take an offer based on the value of the club's assets," he said.
"We are very confident if we go to them with an offer we believe is acceptable, and based on the value of the club, that we can get their consent prior to the Football League deadline."
Yesterday fans welcomed the Court of Appeal ruling
Wrexham Supporters' Trust chairman Bruce Clapton said he hoped the judgment would signal a new beginning for the troubled club.
"It's fantastic news, and just what we were hoping to hear," he said. "It is now up to the administrators to get on with a sale so that the club can come out of administration and get back to playing football again."
And Mr Clapton urged majority shareholder Alex Hamilton to co-operate with the sale.
"Going on his past record he will try and fight this all the way. But it would be nice if he'd finally admit defeat and agree to a sale," he said.
"If that's not the case, as the administrators have pointed out, there is another route to bring the club out of administration so there's room for optimism on that front."
The WST's Simon Johnson said: "We were fairly confident the court would find in our favour but we needed to have it in black and white.
"Now the court case is out the way the administrators' work really begins."
Wrexham Supporters Association chairman Carroll Clark said: "I am absolutely delighted the result has gone our way.
"This has backfired on Alex Hamilton. He should have taken the money put on the table for him last year instead of being greedy."
Wrexham MP Ian Lucas was at London's Royal Courts of Justice in the Strand yesterday to hear the decision.
He said: "I have long held concerns about the way the ground's ownership had been handled, and these concerns have been borne out by the results of these two court cases.
"The result of these cases will be to transfer the ownership of the ground back into the hands of the club's administrators, and this should make the ground sale easier.
"However fans should remember that we are not out of the woods yet and should keep up the pressure to ensure that Wrexham Football Club is sold to an owner who has the fans' and club's interests at heart.
"We want a community club at the heart of the town.