A MAN says his flat was left in an “unliveable” state following the removal of asbestos.
Council tenant Paul Bailey, of Stokesay Court, claims he has been waiting since 2000 for the work to be carried out in the roof-space.
He said workers had left a big hole in the ceiling, and that there was still some of the toxic substance left in the property.
However, the borough council’s asset management and investment unit manager Barry Heayns said a full schedule of work had been agreed in advance with the resident.
Mr Bailey, who suffers with asthma, said: “It was left in a right state. The flat was unliveable.
“It shouldn’t have been left like this. The rain could come through the roof into the bedroom.”
Mr Heayns said: “It was agreed with the resident in advance of the work commencing to carry out the asbestos removal on July 15 and the rewiring work on July 17 and the resident understood that the remedial work would not commence until July 18 after the property had been rewired.
“The property was tested for asbestos fibres after the asbestos removal and found to be safe.”