A FAMILY of three had a lucky escape after an aerosol deodorant exploded at their home.
The can fell onto a cooker in the kitchen on Wednesday while a young mother and her two children were watching television in the living room of their Bronallt home.
The cooker was switched on and the can overheated causing a flash explosion.
The kitchen window was damaged during the incident and a vacuum caused by the explosion resulted in the living room window shattering.
Shards of glass were blown into the living room but the young family escaped injury.
They were checked by paramedics at the scene, but did not require treatment.
The emergency call was received by the North Wales Fire and Rescue Service at 4.28pm and two crews from Wrexham and the emergency tender attended the incident.
Mike Hough, fire safety enforcement officer, said: 'The family had an extremely lucky escape and were fortunate not to be in the kitchen at the time.
'The incident could have had far more serious consequences. This kind of incident highlights the dangers of having aerosols close to the kitchen.'