SMOKE alarms alerted a family from Ellesmere Port to fire in their kitchen on Sunday night.
The fire, at an address on Highfield Road, Ellesmere Port, at about 7pm on Sunday, was extinguished by two crews and the early detection stopped any major damage.
“The fire was extinguished by crews using breathing apparatus.
“Fortunately the house had a smoke detector which raised the alarm.
“No one was injured and there was a small amount of smoke damage.”
For a free home safety check by Cheshire Fire and Rescue service ring 0800 389 0053 or visit www.cheshirefire.gov.uk.