ADMINISTRATORS working to secure the future of Wrexham Football Club say the club will not be kicked out of the Racecourse on July 21.
Wrexham fans have been fighting owner Alex Hamilton since they learned he had served an eviction order on the club.
On the same day he bought the club from Pryce Griffiths, through his then business partner Mark Guterman, the Racecourse Ground was separated from the club and transferred into one of Mr Hamilton's businesses, Damens Ltd.
During the transaction he added a break clause allowing him to give the club 12 months notice to vacate the stadium, a clause he activated on July 21 last year.
Last week fans feared that, regardless of whether the club survives next season, they had witnessed their last match at Wrexham's spiritual home.
But administrators Begbies Traynor have said they will not be moved from the Racecourse and have threatened to take legal action against Mr Hamilton after going through the paper chain that led from Pryce Griffith's sale of the club to Mr Hamilton's break clause.
In a statement, joint administrators David Acland and Steve Williams of Begbies Traynor, said: 'Since being appointed as administrators in December 2004, one of our key tasks was to conduct an in-depth investigation into various transactions entered into by the club in respect of both the freehold and leasehold of the Racecourse Ground.
'As a consequence of these investigations, our solicitors have now served notice on current landlords Crucialmove Limited (formerly Damens Limited), that we do not accept the validity of the break clause in the current lease and will not be vacating the ground in two months.'
He added: 'Furthermore, notice has been provided that in the absence of an amicable resolution or consensual sale in the imminent future, proceedings will be issued seeking to set aside the current lease and seeking to have the legal interest in the freehold transferred back to the club.
'We remain hopeful that a consensual sale can still be achieved and that litigation can be avoided.'
On Saturday fans held a mass march through Wrexham town centre ahead of the last game of the season, partly in protest at the drawn out sale of the club, the Football League's docking of 10 points which led to relegation and also as a show of support for next season when, should the club survive, it will be fighting for promotion from League Two.
Neville Dickens is still leading the bidding for the club and this week appealed for more backers to join his consortium to ensure the club remains in the town and survives.
Meanwhile the club has been trading in profit since it went into administration and Denis Smith has this week begun to discuss his budget for next season.