A CARETAKER was hurt after a shredder he was using caught fire.
The man was injured working on the fourth floor of the council offices on Civic Way in Ellesmere Port.
The incident happened on Thursday at 7.10pm.
Blue Watch from Ellesmere Port attended as well as two crews from Chester, because a positive pressure ventilation fan was required to clear the smoke.
The man was taken to hospital with a minor injury.
Blue Watch’s Steve Nottage said: “The caretaker was doing some work on the shredder and used some WD40 on it.
“The heat and the dust inside the shredder caused the fire.
“He suffered a slight injury.”