A HOTEL was evacuated after a small fire in a Chester hotel on Tuesday afternoon ( December 7).
Two appliances from Chester and two appliances from Ellesmere Port went to the Crowne Plaza hotel on Trinity Street at 11am after receiving an automatic fire alarm call.
A fire was discovered in the lift motor room after small amounts of smoke had activated the alarm. As a precaution a full evacuation of the hotel was carried out and a carbon dioxide extinguisher was used in the motor room where faulty wiring was found to have caused the problem.
Electrics were isolated and the motor room monitored before guests were allowed to return to the hotel.