There were smiles and cries of delight as the Year 13 students at The Whitby High School collected their A level results.
Nervous teenagers waited patiently but as the results envelopes were opened all their hard work over the past two years were rewarded as they gained ‘excellent results’ which the school says have opened the doors to those most important routes to the next stage in their lives.
Headteacher Bryn Heeley said: “I am delighted with the results today particularly as 99% of students passed all their examinations with better than predicted numbers of students gaining the prestigious A* grades.
“As the rigour of the examinations increase and much more is expected of advanced level studies these are excellent results.”
Students who did particularly well were:-
- Rhianne Hallmark who gained an A* in Engineering, an A in Design Technology and a C in Mathematics
- Thomas Owens who gained an A in English Literature, an A in English Language and a C in History
- Callum Cane who gained an A in ICT, B in Geography and a C in Chemistry
- Elise Hughes who gained an A in Drama, B in English Language and a B in English Literature
- Alice Wardle who gained an A in Design Technology, C in Mathematics and a C in French
- Lauren Spruce who gained a B in Applied Business, B in Engineering and a B in ICT
- At AS level the trend of improvement continued as the Year 12 students gained fantastic results across all subjects.
- AS students who did particularly well were:-
- Emily Foort who gained 3 A grades plus a B grade
- Megan Tydd who gained 3 A grades
- Rhianne Jones who gained 2 A grades plus a B grade
- Hannah Cassin who gained 2 A grades plus a C grade
- Eleanor Larkins who gained an A grade plus 2 B grades
- Luke Hulse who gained an A grade plus 2 B grades
Mr Heeley added: “ The results this year highlights the hard work and commitment of both students and staff in meeting the challenge of advanced level study.
“I congratulate them all.”