FIREFIGHTERS were called to a home in Hoole after an electrical fault started a fire in a bathroom.

At 9.20am on Wednesday (January 16) emergency services were called to a house in Halkyn Road in Hoole after reports of a fire.

Two fire engines from Chester fire station attended the blaze which had started in a bathroom in the property.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a dry powder extinguisher to quell the flames and a high pressure fan was used to ventilate the property of heavy smoke.

No one is thought to have been hurt in the fire, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.