A MAN is appealing to council bosses to take action after gangs of boy racers twice crashed at his home.
Pensioner Peter Jones has been left severely shaken after the second incident at his bungalow, which saw a speeding car - driven by a 16-year-old - plough into his bedroom wall.
The resident of Whatcroft Close, Halton Lodge, says something must be done, after going through a similar ordeal three years ago, when a stolen car careered into his garden fence.
He said: 'This road is notoriously bad for speeding motorists and the council definitely needs to introduce traffic-calming measures.
'The amount of rubbish left behind from this is just incredible and they've also managed to destroy my garden shed and neighbour's fence.
'I'm having to sleep in the spare room now, but it's lucky I wasn't in my bedroom at the time.
'I often have friends to stay and so the outcome could have been a lot worse.'
Police are investigating the incident, which left the driver of the Vauxhall Cavalier in hospital and a 16-year-old passenger slightly injured.
The damage was so substantial that two eight-ton skips of rubble had to be carted away from the property this week - and it is estimated the refurbishment costs could reach £15,000.
Peter, 64, had been out shopping a fortnight ago when he arrived home at about 10am, to hear a loud thud coming from the back of his house.
Though relieved about his miracle escape, he is intending to put pressure on the council.
Peter said: 'It gets particularly bad here because the house is on the corner of a bend, and something needs to be done.
'It went straight through my next-door neighbour's fence as well, and she's not very well.
'Everyone is of the same opinion around here that Halton Borough Council should take action, as the road's not safe.
'But I've no idea what's going to happen - I doubt if they'll have to pull it down.
'I don't want to move though as this is my own house and I've lived here for 18 years.'
A spokesperson for Halton Borough Council said: 'We have not heard from the owner of the property regarding his concern over traffic-calming measures near his home.
'We understand there have been two accidents involving the premises - the most recent of which the council's building control department carried out temporary repair work on the collapsed wall.
'However, Whatcroft Close is a cul-de-sac, and they do not normally qualify for traffic-calming measures.
'Despite this, the highways department would be happy to discuss any concerns Mr Jones has regarding this matter.' Anyone witnesses to the incident on Wednesday, April 28, should call the police on 01244 613766.