Heard the one about the horse that walked into a police station?
It may sound like the start of a joke but that's exactly what happened this week at Cheshire Police HQ in Winsford.
- Veteran BMX riders gather in Chester to relive th0:31
- Vicars Cross Road closed for police incident0:24
- Chester's Storyhouse cultural centre after dark0:41
- Morris men perform at Chester pub for St George's1:33
- Fund-raising bash for notorious Chester Twitter a0:53
- Labour's Ben Powell elected as Blacon councillor1:51
- Artwork appears in Chester city centre car parks0:38
- Chester's Brook Lane bridge reopening on time0:34
The inquisitive animal trotted through the automatic doors from a nearby field and wandered around the lobby, much to the surprise of officers.
He was eventually ushered out of the building and police say the cheeky equine intruder was safely returned to his paddock.
A Cheshire Police spokesman said: "We like to ensure a warm welcome to all our guests at HQ and at neigh point did the horse pose a risk to security."
Reports that the horse may have been wanting to join the local Neigh-bourhood Watch team were unconfirmed.