VAUXHALL Motors still expect Paul Taylor to sign for the Blues in January – despite him falling into disciplinary trouble at the Deva Stadium.
The 21-year-old is part-way through a six-month loan deal with Chester and he is due to sign permanently for them once the transfer window opens in the new year.
But Taylor has so far failed to nail down a regular first-team place at City and on Saturday he was criticised by boss Simon Davies for missing his team’s 1-1 draw at Chesterfield through illness.
It was the second time in a month that Taylor had pulled out of an away game on the morning of the match – and Davies is fast losing patience with the on-loan Vauxhall striker.
The Chester manager said: “Paul Taylor will be getting disciplined again by the club. We’ve kept it under wraps for quite a while now.
“He’s already had a verbal warning and a written warning. He’ll now be getting his final written warning.”
Despite Taylor’s troubles at Chester, Motors chairman Alan Bartlam does not expect the player to be heading back to the Motassist Arena.
He said: “If Chester were to tell him enough is enough and he became available, we could not take him back.
“Our budget is structured in such a way that if Carl Macauley did want him back, he would first have to get rid of about five players to free up the cash so it isn’t really an option.”
Bartlam also revealed that the deal Vauxhall struck with Chester, which locks them into the permanent transfer of Taylor in the January transfer window, had no get-out clause.
“As far as I am aware, there is no way Chester can get out of the deal to sign Taylor in January,” he said.
Taylor may pay the price for Saturday’s no-show by being omitted from Chester’s squad for Sunday’s game against Port Vale.