Chester & District Sunday Football League

Dee Rangers trounced Saltney Ferry 12-0 in Chester and District Sunday League Section B with Tom Walsh bagging four goals. Andrew Hall and Joe Rigby got two apiece and Jordan Hampshire, Jack Cox, Hewi Adamson, Chris Pulford wrapped things up.

Axis United lost 2-0 at home to Lock Vaults, who had Dean Millington and Sam Russell on target.

Spital Vaults beat Rileys 6-1 thanks to Joe Whalley (2), Richie Collins, Lewis Mitchell, Paul Williams and an own goal.

In Section A, Nathan Jones' hat-trick contributed to a 5-3 win for AFC Saltney at home to FC Blacon.

Jones opened the scoring before Scott Chard drew Blacon level but Jones restored the lead and Callum Humphries spot kick made it 3-1 at the break. Chris Bailey added another and Jones grabbed his third before Chard and John Blythin replied for Blacon.

Highfield Horses came back from 4-2 down to score five unanswered goals and claim a 7-4 win over Custom House.

Jordan Cunningham fired Horses into the lead but Dave Taylor, Andy Hornsby and Jonathan Davies put the visitors in command, although Lee Jackson got one back.

Terry Cannon increased the lead in the second half but the home side then hit form with Jackson completing his hat-trick, Cunningham getting his second and Ellis Moore adding two.

Mike Bowell struck twice but Upton YC went down 5-2 at home to Frodsham Barcelona, who won for the first time this season.

Hickory's netted through Andy Eaton but crashed out of the Cheshire FA Sunday Cup with an 8-1 defeat at home to Buck Inn.

Chester & District Football League

Lee King-Magee claimed four goals as table-topping Blacon Thistle beat Orange Athletic Reserves 10-0 in Chester & District Football League Division Two. Danny Davies' hat-trick and goals from Chris Varney, Ash Griffiths and James Henry completed the rout

FC Blacon head the chasing pack but lost ground with a 2-2 draw at Clubbies despite goals from Scott Chard and Chris Larson.

Josh Gray’s hat-trick helped third-placed Woodchurch to win 8-0 at Kelsall Reserves with Danny Kelly (2), Kevin Woods (2) and Sonny Allison rounding things off.

Andy Milne (2) and John Britton netted as Samba drew 3-3 with Newton Athletic, Christleton Youth slipped to a 3-2 defeat at home to Neston Nomads and Eastham lost 3-0 to Ellesmere Port Reserves.

In the Premier Division, Lache remain top after Joe Waters, Addie Calaghan and Declan McHugh netted in a 3-1 win over Uberlube.

Wes Huzer finished with four goals as Helsby Reserves won 8-0 at Blacon Youth Reserves. Jake Harrison's hat-trick and James Thompson completed the scoring.

Ryan Morgan was at the double for Birkenhead Town, who won 8-0 at Hoole Rangers. Rick Neil, Paul Doolan, Lee Gibson, Ryan Atherton and Mike Parnell accounted for the rest.

Ellesmere Port Town recorded a 7-1 win over Christleton Celtic thanks to James Brady (2), Jack Davies, Joe Hayes, Josh McEwan, Charlie Jones and Liam Brennan.

Kelma drew 2-2 at home to Whitby Athletic with Simon Tierney getting both for the hosts.

Boughton Athletic lead Division One but had to settle for a point after a 3-3 draw with Franklyn’s Bar. Tom Fellows (2) and Chris McCaffrey netted for Athletic but Phil Connelly, Farris Baker and Martin Kemp responded.

Adie Gough bagged a hat-trick as Cestrian Alex overcame Lodge Bar 6-3 with Niall Peaker, Tom Stockton and Mike Taylor adding tyhe others.

Goals from Zac Bromhead and Ben Melvin helped Ashton draw 2-2 with Hooton, Chester Nomads 3rds won 3-0 at home to Hoole Rangers Reserves, Neston Town won 3-0 at struggling Crossway and Orange Athletic drew 2-2 at Porky’s Pantry.

Cheshire Football League

Malpas exited the Cheshire FA Amateur Cup in the first round after a 1-0 defeat at Moore.

Lea Edge's side started well and created some decent chances with Rob Martin shooting wider and Lee Parry firing over when clean through.

Chris Robaszek and Richard Sadler then went close but Moore defended well to keep things goalless at the break.

Malpas lost top scorer Parry with groin trouble in the second half and Moore came into the game, making good use of the long ball.

Connor Tinsley made some good interventions to ensure Malpas remained level and send the tie into extra time.

Chances were limited but with five minutes left John Darbyshire fired Moore into the lead and into the next round.

Malpas boss Edge said: "It’s easy to look for excuses when you get beat but on the day our performance second half and in extra time was not to the standard I expected we looked flat all over the park and did not dig in when it got tough

"The only positive was that it was not in the league, we all have bad days and this was one of them.

"It’s down to me to make sure we have the fight and correct attitude when we go out in games and it’s something which I do not expect to see again this season."

Tarporley Victoria drew 2-2 at home to Grappenhall Sports in Division One.

Daniel Ball and Carl Smith netted for the hosts but Jordan Rigby and Denico Walters responded at The Flacca to earn the Warrington-based side a point.

Malpas and Tarporley are in action in the JA Walton Challenge Cup this weekend, with the former travelling to Witton Albion Reserves and the Vics hosting Daten.