KINGSLEY'S second string were left heartbroken after they were comfortably beaten by Stalybridge St Paul's seconds in the final of the Cheshire Cricket Alliance Cup.

Batting first, Kingsley were bowled out for a disappointing total of 84, with Forster (30) the only batsmen to make any serious impact on the scorecard.

In reply St Paul's eased to their target and clinched a six-wicket win inside 25overs.

ALVANLEY seconds maintained their impressive form with a resounding win at home to Lindow.

Mike Sant took five wickets and Chris Charles took three as the visitors were dismissed for 143.

Andy Senior (34no) and Sant (25no) secured the victory as Alvanley cantered to an eight-wicket win.

A young CHRISTLETON thirds side produced a scintillating away day display to outgun second-placed Didsbury.

The hosts were first to bat and struggled to cope with the bowling of young leg spinner Mickey Rowlands (4-57) as they finished on 169ao.

The Little Heath side set about reaching their target and with skip-per Chris Hollindale (83no) in imperious form they cruised to a magnificent seven-wicket victory. CHESTER BOUGHTON HALL'S injury-hit second XI suffered defeat despite producing a gutsy performance in their match at Widnes.

Hall batted first and looked set for a positive result after they declared on 202-7 (Karl Stedman 73no).

But the hosts responded well and veteran Tim Weardon (86no) led them past their target for the loss of just three wickets.

Chester's thirds secured a narrow victory over the fourth team in what proved to be an exciting derby.

The thirds made a good start as they bowled the fourths out for 115 (Grant Goodwin 4-23).

But the fourths responded well and reduced the thirds to 4-3 in an explosive start to the innings.

The thirds rallied and Grant Goodwin (29) and Doug Ramsey (29no) guided them to a narrow victory on 117-8 (Matt Robinson 2-12).

TATTENHALL'S second XI reclaimed top spot in the league after a close match at Old Parkonians.

The visitors batted first but could only manage a total of 159 (Andy Morris 37).

The match appeared to be slipping away from Tattenhall until Ben Cooke, Nigel Cox and Keith Owen took three wickets each to steer them to a two-run victory.