A CHIP pan fire badly damaged a property in Nelson Street, Wrexham, just after midnight on Sunday.
Fire crews from Wrexham attended the blaze, which had trapped two occupants.
One of them leapt to safety from an upstairs window, while the other was rescued by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus. Neither person was seriously hurt and both were treated at the scene by North Wales Ambulance Service.
'Chip pan fires are all too common,' said a spokeswoman for North Wales Fire Service.
'These pans should never be left unattended or operated while drunk. Never pour water on a chip pan fire, it makes them worse. Our main advice is get out and call us.'