DENIS Smith has been given the green light to get his pre-season preparations back on track.
The Wrexham manager feared owner Alex Hamilton's 'lock-out' agreement with Surrey-based businessman Andrew Smith would bring his plans to a standstill, as contract offers and transfer negotiations had been made with the support of potential buyers Neville Dickens and Geoff Moss.
Yet following a meeting with the club's administrators Begbies Traynor, the boss has been assured he can continue shaping his squad for the new season.
Smith said: 'I had a very good meeting with the administrators on Friday and it's given me the means to get on with what I need to do.
'All I needed was clarification on where I stand and how I can go about preparing for next season. I've got that now and it's been a busy couple of days.
'Things did come to a standstill for a few days after the news but having spoken to the administrators I now know where I stand.
'They've been good to me and it's all about being sensible. Some people may have wanted to walk away but if you are sensible and know exactly what's going on, then you can go forward.'
Smith will this week renew his bid to keep five out-of-contract stars at the Racecourse.
He has talked with Trinidad striker Hector Sam - who could be on his way to Port Vale - and plans new discussions with Wales Under 21 internationals Mark Jones and Matt Crowell.
But he has not spoke to Craig Morgan since the end of the season, and Smith admits there are clubs eyeing the 20-year-old defender, who was part of a Wales training camp in Spain last month.
Top-scorer Juan Ugarte is still being heavily linked with a move to Crewe Alexandra, but Smith has not given up hope of keeping the Basque striker.
The manager is also confident of success in the transfer market.
Wrexham's only new purchase in the close season has been Northern Ireland goalkeeper Michael Ingham, but he said: 'I've had discussions with players and agents but the situation at the club makes it complicated.
'It's not my style to name the players I'm after but given we're in administration we have to be that bit more careful.
'There are players I've targeted and after my meeting with the administrators I'm hoping to hear more news soon.'
Wrexham have been handed a home tie against Doncaster Rovers in the first round of the Carling Cup on Tuesday, August 23. See next week's Mail.
TNS have confirmed their UEFA Champions League First Qualifying Round Second Leg clash with Liverpool will be at the Racecourse on either Tuesday, July 19 or Wednesday 20.