A FIRE in a kitchen in Barnton could have been worse but for the prompt actions of a builder working in the house next door.
The man saw the smoke and immediately dialled 999 before dashing round to rescue the dog, a collie whippet cross, which was in the house.
There was no-one else in the house and the fire was extinguished by Northwich fire crews.
Watch manager Paul Hardwick said: “We didn’t manage to get the man’s name but his prompt actions certainly helped keep the damage to a minimum. It could have been much worse.”
The kitchen suffered extensive smoke damage.