A YOUNG man from Wrexham has gone on trial amid allegations that he raped a girl aged 14.
Marco Joseph Patricio, 23, who is following the proceedings at Mold Crown Court with the aid of a Portuguese interpreter, denies rape, and an alternative charge of indecent assault, and claims that sex took place with her consent.
It was clear from his police interview that Patricio, of Alwen, Plas Madoc, Acre-fair, knew that the girl was only 14, alleged prosecuting barrister John Hedgecoe.
Initially, he denied there had been any contact between them but Mr Hedgecoe said Patricio now agreed that sex had taken place and the issue for the jury would be one of consent.
The charges arise from allegations going back to July 19 when it was alleged Patricio went to a property on the Plas Madoc Estate in the early hours of the morning.
The girl was one of the people at the property and she agreed to go outside with him.
Once outside, she agreed to go with him into a car being driven by another man, and they went to the car driver's home in the Ruabon area.
There, they sat on a sofa and after a while he asked her to go upstairs with him.
She did but once upstairs he started to take her clothes off, it was alleged.
Mr Hedgecoe claimed she tried to stop him and asked him to leave her alone but he continued and had sex with her.
She was asking to be left alone but he told her to be quiet and had sex, it was alleged.
He later took her back to the original property where the girl complained to her sister and the police were called.
Cross-examined by defending barrister Andrew Green, the girl denied she had made the rape allegation up once she knew she had been found out having sex with the defendant.
Mr Green suggested 'all Hell had been let loose' once it was realised what had happened, someone else called the police, and once she had mentioned rape she had found it very difficult to go back on the story.
The girl denied the allegations. The trial, before Judge Roger Dutton, is proceeding.