UNATTENDED cooking caught fire and damaged a kitchen at a Denby Court home, leaving the occupier suffering from smoke inhalation.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to the Ellesmere Port address just after 9.30pm on Monday.

A spokesman said: “Three appliances, two from Ellesmere Port and one from Chester, attended, as well as an ambulance.

“A female in her mid-30s was led to safety and treated for smoke inhalation.”

It is thought the fire was started by unattended cooking in the kitchen.