A DETECTIVE hunting the crooks behind an audacious £1m lorry hijacking in Ellesmere Port says the investigation is still very much alive.
Police have so far drawn a blank in the search for the four men responsible for stealing a large consignment of cigarettes at junction seven of the M53 on the afternoon of Thursday, August 7.
But investigating officer Detective Sergeant Nigel Parr says enquiries are still ongoing and has called for any witnesses who haven’t got in touch to contact him.
A £50,000 reward for anyone with vital information is up for grabs.
DS Parr said: “Unfortunately there have been no arrests but it’s still very much a live investigation. We’re currently exploring a number of avenues.”
For full story see next week’s Pioneer.