FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Hooton this morning after an unattended candle set fire to a digital music player.
Two crews arrived at the property on Hooton Green, near Ellesmere Port, at about 8.30am, and extinguished the small fire that engulfed an I-Pod dock station.
Nobody was hurt during the incident but Ellesmere Port watch manager Keith Nicholson had a safety warning message for local residents.
“The cause of the fire was down to a candle that in close proximity to an I-Pod dock.
“Nobody was hurt but we would like to remind people to be careful when using candles and also to make sure that they have a fully operational smoke alarm fitted in their house.”