IT SEEMED like a fairytale ending when Liverpool Lord Mayor's parade princess Misheel Narantsogt and her family were released after two weeks locked up in a deportation centre.

Last night her father, Jugder Narantsogt, 38, revealed he has been told his family will not be allowed to stay in the country, despite fresh evidence lodged by their solicitor.

His wife, Shinee, 37, an English teacher, told the Daily Post she and her husband, their 17-year-old son Evsaana, and Misheel, nine, are living in fear at their house in Harebell Street, Kirkdale, north Liverpool.

She said: "We are terrified. Our solicitor phoned us on Thursday and he said the Home Office refused our asylum application.

"They didn't give us a date, so we are afraid they will come to take us any moment now. It seems everything is lost and we don't have any chance to stay."

The family, who have lived in the city for nearly two years, were granted a last-minute reprieve from deportation after the Daily Post and Liverpool MPs intervened, on June 18.

It meant Misheel, a pupil at St John's Primary School in Bootle, saw her dream to be crowned princess in the Liverpool Lord Mayor's parade come true on July 10.

The family had been arrested during a dawn raid at their house on June 3, when they were given just 15 minutes to collect their belongings before being driven to Gatwick airport.

Riverside MP Louise Elman secured a deferral just minutes before they were due to step on a plane, and the family were transported to the Dungavel centre in Scotland, where they spent two weeks behind barbed wire.

Last night, Mrs Narantsogt told the Daily Post: "We have packed all our belongings, because last time they didn't give us time to collect our things."

She wept as she added: "We don't want to go, we are very afraid my husband will be killed and we will be in great danger.

"We haven't slept since they told us. We think they will come any moment to take us.

"We told the children what is happening and they cried, they are very afraid, they don't really understand why we have to go."

The family have already had two asylum appeals rejected on the basis of their initial application, which they say was incomplete because of poor legal advice from a former solicitor.

Last week the Daily Post revealed how Mr Narantsogt fears evidence of corruption he gathered about former Communist party members could make him a target for an underground assassination if he returns home.

Mr Narantsogt who fled Mongolia in 2000, claims:

* He was repeatedly threatened by Communist agents after founding a provincial branch of the opposition Democratic Union party in his home region of Sukhebaatar, in south eastern Mongolia, in 1990.

* He was illegally arrested, once in 1990 and twice in 2000, seven years after giving up his position as deputy chairman of the Communist-controlled Sukhebaatar provincial government, where he served from 1990-1993.

* He was imprisoned in a four-by-four metre room with two other men, deprived of food and light, and questioned for 10 days, following his last arrest in 2000.

* Although he was never tortured, he witnessed his fellow cellmates being beaten several times, before he was released without explanation.

* The family's three-bedroomed apartment in the south eastern town of Baruunurt was ransacked repeatedly during the next two months, while Mr Narantsogt lived in hiding in nearby countryside.

Mrs Narantsogt added: "We want to protect our children, but we don't know what we can do now. I think it's over."