A CAR set on fire after a laptop overheated in the boot.
At just before 10am today (Wednesday) emergency services were called to Whitby Road in Whitby, Ellesmere Port, after a car set on fire.
Firefighters from the Ellesmere Port station used a hose reel jet to put out the flames, while Cheshire Constabulary closed the road in both directions after reports a small gas cylinder was in the car.
The cylinder was cooled and the temperature was monitored using a thermal imagining camera. Once the cylinder was deemed cool enough, it was removed from the car and handed over to the police.
The fire is believed to have been caused by an overheated laptop in the boot of the car.