A WOMAN has admitted breaking her Asbo after throwing a bottle at her ex-boyfriend’s head.

Jodie Howard, 20, of Dove Close, Ellesmere Port, appeared at Chester and Ellesmere Port Magistrates Court on Monday, July 26, after an earlier hearing at which she pleaded guilty to a section 39 assault and a breach of the Asbo, handed down in April 2007.

Howard admitted throwing the plastic bottle at Richard Davies’ head at Destiny and Elite, Ellesmere Port, on December 26, 2009.

She had been in a relationship with Mr Davies until a few months earlier and had become involved in an argument with him at about 11.30pm.

Prosecuting, Rob Youds described how Mr Davies spotted Howard with a bottle in her hands shortly before feeling it strike the back of his head.

He said: “The victim was escorted off the dancefloor and the defendant was also walked out of the main area of the club.

“She was verbally abusive to staff and continued to struggle to get away from them before running across again to the victim.”

The court heard how Mr Davies then struck Howard, who fell to the floor before she got back up and tried to hit him, but punched the wall instead.

Howard initially denied the incident but changed her plea on the first day of her trial.

She was made the subject of an Asbo on April 18, 2007, that banned her from entering Overpool Road shops and hanging around in groups in Cheshire.

The order followed reports of anti-social behaviour involving Howard within groups of other people and included a list of people she cannot contact or associate with.

Mr Youds told the court Howard had appeared in court on January 28, 2009 and October 16, 2009 charged with previous breaches.

Defending, Robin Boag, said Howard became aware of Mr Davies and another man within the club and felt they were talking about her.

He added that while Howard admits reacting aggressively to this, he felt Mr Davies reaction was made in anger rather than self defence.

Magistrates sentenced Howard to nine weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months and ordered her to complete 40 hours unpaid work in the community.

She was also ordered to pay £300 costs at £5 per week.