A MIDLANDS property company last night admitted it was interested in buying troubled Wrexham FC.
Old House Holdings, who are backing Birmingham builders Esprit Estates, insisted their plan is NOT to bulldoze the Racecourse Ground.
Company bosses insisted they would redevelop land around the Racecourse keeping the club at its historic Mold Road home.
Old House yesterday clarified its position to the Daily Post after fans raised concerns.
Supporters favour a local bid by Wrexham businessman Neville Dickens and Chester-based partner Geoff Moss, who have pledged to keep the team at the Racecourse.
They urged Old House Holdings not to step in and hijack the deal.
No formal bid has been tabled and administrator David Acland said they had not approached him.
Last night Old House Holdings, also based in Birmingham, issued an extensive statement.
It referred to a meeting between Wrexham council, club bosses, supporters and Esprit Estates who agreed they wanted football to continue at the Racecourse.
"This would be undertaken by a re-development of land surrounding the stadium providing commercial facilities which would supplement income into the club, thereby retaining the football club in its current position," it said.
"We are hopeful in making substantial progress with this proposal for the long-term benefit of Wrexham AFC and the community in general as we are looking at providing a multifunctional facility.
"This would, if agreed and progressed, give Wrexham AFC a much more stable economic future."
It continued: "Any further development of these formal talks has been stalled due to factors outside of Esprit Estates control, most important of which is the status of Wrexham AFC in administration.
"We feel just as frustrated as the fans with the current situation and it is a pity that talks cannot progress aimed at securing the long-term viability of the football club.
"The ball is now firmly in the court of the owner of the ground and the administrators at this stage."
Last night Mr Acland said: "They have not approached me or any other members of my team.
"I have been meeting with Neville Dickens and Geoff Moss over funding for next season and the players we would like to keep."
A Wrexham Supporters Trust spokesman said: "We are backing Neville Dickens' bid and are keen to see it accepted and the club moved forward.
"We have had talks with Old House last year but didn't take that forward.
"We consider their interest unwelcome at this time and would urge them to back away."
Wrexham FC owner Alex Hamilton has a majority share in the club and has the Racecourse freehold.
He has issued an eviction order against the club with effect from July 21.
But Mr Acland insisted the club will not be leaving and will resist the notice.