ADMINISTRATORS in charge of Wrexham FC last night urged fans to bear with them as tomorrow's deadline approaches.
Steve Williams and David Acland of Begbies Traynor insisted supreme efforts were being made to resolve the situation.
The Dragons need to be out of administration by tomorrow, the day before the new season kicks off.
Doubts were raised over the club's future after league chiefs sought assurances about multi-millionaire Steve Morgan's role in the deal to transfer ownership to Neville Dickens and Geoff Moss.
Their bid will be funded by the sale of land owned by Wrexham.
The preferred developer is Harrow Estates owned by Mr Morgan, a major Liverpool FC shareholder.
But Premier League rules forbid a stakeholder in one club having an interest in another, and Mr Morgan needs to satisfy the League he has no interest in Wrexham other than a commercial transaction.
In a statement posted on the club website the administrators said: "The issues encountered recently were foreseen, but it was envisaged that commonsense would prevail."
They added at as administrators, they had been unable to comment on private, confidential and, commercially sensitive information surrounding the sale.
They added: "Our view remains that whilst it is disappointing that the sale of the club has not been concluded to date, supreme efforts are being made by all parties to achieve a successful conclusion." . Sports minister Richard Caborn has been in talks with the Premier League about delays to a recovery deal.
The Dragons will not be allowed to play their first game against Wycombe on Saturday if still in administration.
The minister said: "I am hoping that a solution can be reached before Friday."