A FAMILY-of-four were alerted to a kitchen blaze in their Great Sutton home by their pet dog.
Fire crews were called to the property in Ascot Drive at 5.45am on Thursday after a washing machine, which was switched off, caught fire.
Two engines from Ellesmere Port attended and used four breathing apparatus sets, one hose reel and one positive pressure ventilation fan.
The house was not fitted with smoke alarms.
Watch manager Tim Day said: “The dog barked and woke up the daughter. It could have been a lot worse if he hadn’t.
“We encourage people to have smoke alarms fitted. We’d rather turn up to a property and find everyone outside rather than trapped inside.”
To arrange a home safety assessment contact Ellesmere Port fire station on 0151 355 3333 or call 0800 389 0053. For more information visit www.cheshirefire.co.uk
Fire crews were called to a bin blaze which spread to the front of a property in Hawthorn Road, Little Sutton, at 8.30pm on Wednesday.
Crews tackled car fires on the M56 at junction 12-13 at 8.30pm on Thursday, on Stanney Oaks Business Park an hour later, and in Thornton Road at 12.45am on Friday.