FANS' favourite Neville Dickens yesterday said he was confident a deal would be struck to buy Wrexham FC before a looming Football League deadline.
Mr Dickens believes he can secure the club by June 3 when the Dragons must be out of administration.
He is due to meet administrators tomorrow to discuss plans to buy the club and redevelop the Racecourse ground.
The Wrexham car dealer and businessman Geoff Moss launched a take-over bid to buy the club and ensure their future at the Mold Road ground
Earlier this month controversial chairman Alex Hamilton failed to win back ownership of the Racecourse after appeal judges threw out his case.
The Court of Appeal ruled the Cheshire-based property developer "did not act in good faith" when he gained control of the ground hoping to make millions from its development potential.
Yesterday Mr Dickens said: "I am pretty confident that we will have something sorted out by June 3 and there will be no need to ask the Football League for an extension.
"We want to get the best possible deal for the football club.
"The problem is that it takes eight weeks to get outline planning permission so talks with the local authority are very important.
"Some developers have already spoken with the local authority."
The bid will see Mr Dickens relocate his garage from the Racecourse to the Croesfoel industrial park allowing the land to be redeveloped.
The scheme would also see the Crispin Lane stand moved closer to the pitch, freeing up additional space for redevelopment around the club.
But the proposals are subject to the council granting planning permission and finalising negotiations with interested developers.
Mr Dickens said the land was likely to be used for housing development.
Future deals depend on controversial owner Mr Hamilton selling up and going quietly.