FANS of Wrexham FC have been told there is a long way to go before the club is safe.
Administrator David Acland received a standing ovation when he attended a meeting of the Wrexham Supporters Trust (WST) on Monday night after he and fellow administrator Steve Williams won back the freehold of the Racecourse Ground from chairman Alex Hamilton.
But he told the meeting the battle has only just begun.
And he said he had a plan that could prevent further delays to the sale of the club.
'We are confident in the administrators because we have seen them going about things the right way,' said WST chairman Bruce Clapton.
'Mr Acland told us that this is not the end and painted the bigger picture for us.
'The next step is that he has asked all parties interested in buying the club to submit their final bids. Once these are in they will be scrutinised and put before the directors.
'Mr Hamilton is the majority shareholder and will have a significant say in the sale - to the point where he can continue to block it - but we and the administrators are hopeful he will decide enough is enough.
'He is already guaranteed money as a major creditor plus £300,000 on top of that so perhaps we can now go our separate ways.
'But if he does decide to block the sale, Mr Acland said he has a Plan B which he did not want to reveal. He said he would rather not use it as it has never been done with a football club before and he would rather everything went smoothly from now on.
'Confidence is high at the moment, partly due to the courtroom success we had last week, but we feel that, finally, after two years of trying to get our voices heard and make the powers-that-be listen, we are being noticed and we have a chance to save this historic club.'