CHESHIRE Fire Service is warning members of the public of the dangers when cooking after a number of pan fires across the county.
A crew from Ellesmere Port were called to a house on Blackthorne Avenue, Whitby, on Thursday after a pan had been left unattended on a stove.
Residents were alerted to the blaze by their smoke alarm and firefighters were called to attend the incident at 10pm. No serious damage was caused and smoke was cleared from the house to prevent inhalation injuries.
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service provide free Home Safety Assessments. For more information call 0151 355 3333.