BUILDING materials which had been left on a construction site in Ellesmere Port were set alight on Sunday.
The construction site on Naylor Road, has been abandoned by workers for some months due to the credit crunch.
Fire crews were called to the site on Sunday at 1.33pm after reports some of the materials had been set alight.
When two fire appliances arrived the crews found some rubber building materials smouldering sending thick smoke into the air.
Fire crews had to use two tanks of water to fully extinguish the blaze and prevent other materials catching alight.
A Cheshire Fire and Rescue spokesmen said: “We would urge people to stay away from construction sites to not to burn material on them.”