A WINSFORD pensioner escaped unharmed when an electric blanket was switched on accidentally and started filling his bungalow with smoke.
Firefighters called out to the bungalow in Baker’s Lane on Wednesday morning have issued a general warning to everyone.
A spokesman said: “The blanket had been left folded up and was switched on by accident. This serves to illustrate how important it is to switch things off and makes sure everything is unplugged when not in use.
“Fortunately the occupant of the bungalow managed to get out before the smoke started to build up, and when we arrived we dragged the blanket out before it burst into flames.”