A JOINERY workshop in Ffrith is determined to re-open after it was gutted by fire.
Firefighters from Wrexham and Mold were called to a blaze at the Pant Joinery timber workshop on Valley Road, Ffrith.
When they arrived at the scene they found about 2,400sq meters of the building alight.
The fire is thought to have started in a trailer full of sawdust which was alongside the building.
The roof of the building later collapsed. Early indications suggest the fire was deliberate.
Pant Joinery director Terence Joseph said the company, which employs 17 people to make stairs, windows, made-to measure timber and glazing, would definitely reopen.
'This has affected our business because we have no building now,' he said.
'But we fully intend to restart. We appeal to anyone who has information about this incident to contact the police.'
Wrexham Fire Station manager Phil Owen expressed his thanks to the crews who worked for a long time in a difficult situation and highlighted the effects of arson on the community.
'This type of fire, which we believe is deliberate, ties up resources which could be used to save lives,' he said.
'In this instance, the building affected is also a local employer, and the aftermath of the fire could have caused many local people to be out of work.
'Arsonists are really attacking their own communities and putting others' lives at risk with these thoughtless acts.
'I am appealing to anyone who knows anything about this incident to contact their local police station on 0845 6071002 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.'