A PUB was left without gas, water or electricity after an arson attack.
Sixty customers and staff at the Old Red Lion in Little Sutton were evacuated after a fire was started in its boiler room.
Firefighters quickly put out the flames amid fears they could ignite nearby gas tanks. There was no explosion and noone was hurt.
But the damage caused to the pub and its trade was huge, according to landlady Jackie Fadden.
The fire was started at about 10pm on Wednesday. The pub was closed for business most of Thursday.
Miss Fadden said: 'It was definitely arson. The doors to our basement have glass panels and someone had shoved some burning litter or something through them.
'We have compressed gas down there for the beer supply and that's where the gas meter is, so we quickly evacuated the premises.
'Staff and customers were great. They got out of there in 30 seconds and no-one was injured.
'The fire was contained to that one area of the basement and didn't ignite any of the gas.
'But, unfortunately, the flames melted the wiring, water pipes, smoke detectors, controls and fixtures. We had leaks down there.
'All the supplies were off as a result. We had no gas, water or electricity.'
She has no idea why anyone would want to torch the Chester Road pub.
Leading firefighter Andy Scott and three other officers tackled the flames.
They then used a pressure fan to blow away the smoke and cleared burned debris from around the outer door.
If you have any information about the arson attack, call police on 01244 350222 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.