TWO additional homes are proposed as part of a development at Saighton Camp in Chester.
The application, put forward by Taylor Wimpey Development, would see the number of homes in the scheme brought back to the original total of 103 agreed at the outline stage.
This takes account of 48 former Ministry of Defence properties which have been demolished.
Detailed plans agreed in 2007 reduced the number of homes to 101, Chester's planning board is due to be told at a meeting on Wednesday (October 29).
The alteration affects proposals for seven dwellings in the middle of the site where it is now proposed there will be nine houses.
The developers have told the City Council the application is as a result of the difficult market they are experiencing.
The properties would be four and five bedroom family homes.
Huntington Parish Council has asked for the application to be considered on its merits.
The city council has had one letter from a neighbour on Sandy Lane raising concerns about further building taking place when a hoped for access road to the A55 has not been built.
The dwellings would be located to maintain separation distances within the scheme and the residential amenities of future occupiers would be reasonably safeguarded, suggest planning officers.
Recommending approval, they do not believe the additional two dwellings would have an unacceptable effect on the development of the site as a whole.
They would make more efficient use of the previously developed land and provide an attractive layout.
The meeting starts at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Chester at 10.30am.