A young boy from Saltney has tragically died after a fireplace fell on top of him.
Police and paramedics were called to Salisbury Avenue at 8.30am to assist with a “medical emergency”.
The incident happened at a private property and the child, thought to be a two-year-old boy, was taken to the Countess of Chester Hospital.
But it is understood that the little boy has died as a result of his injuries.
A Welsh Ambulance spokeswoman said: “We were called at approximately 8.30am this morning to an address on Salisbury Avenue in Saltney.
“We sent a paramedic in a rapid response car and a BASICS doctor to the scene. North West Ambulance Service also sent a resource which later conveyed a child to the Countess of Chester Hospital.”
A North West Ambulance Service spokeswoman added: “We were called to a private address at 8.31am this morning. We took one patient to the Countess of Chester Hospital.”
North Wales Police also confirmed they attended the address.
A spokesman said: “North Wales Police were called to an address in Saltney at 8.37am to assist the ambulance service with a medical emergency.”
Town councillor Shelly Streeter said: “My heart goes out to the family. It is a terrible tragedy.”