FINANCIAL services company Moneysupermarket.com is to create 100 new jobs.
The business, founded by Chester entrepreneur Simon Nixon, will employ more than 500 people by the end of the year following the rapid rise of Moneysupermarket.com and Travelsupermarket.com.
The Ewloe-based firm with a turnover of a £100m has gone from filling 40 posts when Mr Nixon launched it in 1999 to 410 jobs in six years.
If the company's phenomenal growth rate continues, Simon Nixon forecasts 800-900 employees by the end of the decade.
Mr Nixon told The Chronicle he was delighted with his company's continued success, saying: 'We are on a massive recruitment drive and are looking to create over 100 positions - 80% of those will be IT jobs, web developers, programmers and the other 20% marketing, sales and administration. We cannot recruit fast enough at the moment.
'The difference on last year is Money-supermarket and Travelsupermarket have increased by 125% - we have made £30m net profit on and we are very excited by that - I feel privileged to be working in a market that is growing so rapidly.'
'We have had planning permission from the council to expand our offices which will be ready by September. It should increase our size by more than a third.
Mr Nixon outlined plans to raise the profile of his internet empire with a mammoth advertising and investment programme.
He said: 'We are undergoing a huge advertising campaign which we have invested £6m into raising our profile nationally on TV, Radio, on billboards.'
The campaign has paid dividends with both sites receiving seven million hits a month.
Mr Nixon said: 'We would be interested in floating (the company) when the time is right - we are probably looking at two years. We can use the money we generate to invest further.'
Their are also plans to move into Europe without having an office on the continent.
Mr Nixon explained: 'We reckon - and we have done the research - that we will be moving into another Europe marketplace but the beauty of working on the internet is that we can do it in the UK.'
He said he is only interested in developing the two websites which have millions have hits every week by expanding the range of products offered.
'I wouldn't want to be anywhere else'
SIMON Nixon has scooped a hat-full of national and regional business awards including Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2004 and Trinity Mirror Cheshire Large Business of the Year 2004.
Despite being one of the UK's most successful entrepreneurs and a perennial figure in the Sunday Times 100 Rich List he insists he will stay put in Chester.
He explained: 'My house is here, my family and friends are here I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I wouldn't be happy living anywhere without my family and friends around me.'
'I want Moneysupermarket stay here - we don't want to open a satellite office anywhere else. More than 75% of our staff are from Chester, North Wales and Wirral.
To wind down he takes his full five week holiday allowance, flies with low-cost airlines and plays squash with his dad three times a week.