A person had to be hospitalised for minor burn injuries after a fire broke out in the bedroom of a house in Boughton.
Two fire crews equipped with breathing apparatus were dispatched to tackle the blaze on Queens Road just after midnight, on the morning of Sunday, January 19. They used a large fan to clear the smoke from the property and a thermal imaging camera to establish whether the fire had spread to the roof.
Thanks to fitted smoke alarms in the property, the occupants were alerted to the fire. One person was taken to hospital for minor burns to their hands.