More than a dozen residents had to be evacuated froma Kelsall nursing home after a tumble dryer caught fire.

Fifteen of the 37 people who live at Sable Cottage Nursing Home had to leave the premises while fire crews tackled the blaze just after 9am this morning (Friday).

The remainder of the residents were able to remain in a safe part of the building and were reassured by fire crews. The fire was safely put out.

In light of this incident, click on

We're testing a new site: This content is coming soon
for tips on how to stay safe with home appliances.