SAUGHALL Medical Centre was evacuated on Thursday afternoon after smouldering wires in the boiler set off alarms.
An appliance from Chester and Ellesmere Port were called to the centre, on Church Road at 2.05pm, and found the boiler to have an electrical fault.
Watch Manager Colin Tunstall said: “A small room in the centre had filled with smoke, and we found wires in the boiler to be smouldering.
“The premises had been evacuated and we used a ventilation fan to clear the smoke.”
Fire crews were at the centre for around 30 minutes.