A CHESTER man wants to thank Countess of Chester Hospital staff who brought him back from the brink of death.
Maurice Braithwaite, 69, of King Street, took ill after a drink in his local pub followed by a bag of chips.
“I felt a bit off colour after my pint so went home. By 2am my head was spinning and I couldn’t breathe properly so I knocked up a neighbour who took me to hospital.
“I ‘died’ twice and have drawn the scenes I saw. ”
Maurice, pictured, was transferred to Broad Green Hospital for further treatment.
“I want to say thank you to all the staff who treated me and to Chester Cathedral staff who have since visited me.”
A FORMER roadside food pitstop has been transformed into a huge bargain bookshop, which opens to the public this weekend.
Bookstore at Oakmere will open at 9am on Saturday at the old Little Chef restaurant on the A556, on the edge of Delamere Forest.
The venture is the brainchild of businessman David McPhee, whose successful bookstore at Buxton in Derbyshire has enabled him to expand and invest in Cheshire.
The store is offering a £2 discount on total purchases of £10 or more with a leaflet available online at www.chestertourist.com/delamere until August 16.
For more information call 01606 883750.
CINEMA-GOERS had to be evacuated after a rag started burning at the Vue on Cheshire Oaks.
The rag had been left on a light fitting and was smouldering when crews arrived at 9.30am on Friday.
Staff evacuated the premises while firefighters used positive pressure ventilation to remove the smoke. They left the scene within an hour.