A WOMAN had a lucky escape after a hot hairdryer sparked a blaze while she slept.
Fluff in the dryer is believed to have smouldered even after it had been switched off causing a bedroom fire at a house in West Vale, Little Neston, on Monday morning.
The female householder in the bedroom next door awoke to discover the upstairs filled with smoke. She attracted the attention of neighbours by shouting through a window and they managed to rescue her.
Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus, who were called about 10.45am on Monday (October 20), extinguished the fire using a hose-reel. The bedroom was completely destroyed and the house made uninhabitable.