A GRILL fire was nipped in the bud by a quick thinking homeowner, stopping a “minor catastrophe”.
Cheshire Fire & Rescue Service were called to the home on Carter Street, Chester, at about 4.16pm on Wednesday, November 5 but the occupier had calmly placed a damp cloth over the grill and closed the kitchen door, preventing the spread of the fire.
A spokesman said: “Two pumps from the Blue Watch attended. The resident had left the grill unattended which then set alight. Her smoke alarms, which were fitted by the fire service, alerted her to the fire. By her actions she attended a minor catastrophe.”
No one was injured.