A GAS cylinder had to be cooled by fire crews to prevent an explosion during a blaze.
Pumps from Ellesmere Port and Heswall damped down the gas bottle while dealing with a suspected arson attack on a shed in Parkgate.
They were called to the rear of Moorfield Drive at 10.10pm on Thursday and remained there an hour.
* An elderly man was treated for smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire in Percival Road, Ellesmere Port at 4.53am on Sunday.
Both engines from the town attended to find a pan had been left on the cooker unattended. There was smoke damage to the flat. Crews left at 5.27am.
* In Ellesmere Port, firefighters extinguished a car fire at the rear of The Gunners pub in Thornton Road at 11.28pm on Friday and a field fire on the Rossmore estate at 4.30pm on Sunday.
They also extinguished a large quantity of wooden pallets which were ablaze in Leven Walk on the Swale estate in Overpool at 9.38am on Saturday. The flames did not spread to any neighbouring properties.