FIREFIGHTERS were dispatched to the scene of a city centre flat blaze started after a towel rail set on fire.
At just after 8.15am today (Wednesday) emergency services were called to Northgate Street in Chester after smoke was seen pouring from a flat.
Three fire engines from Chester and Ellesmere Port fire stations attended the blaze, which started after a towel set fire on an overheated towel rail.
Two fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building, where the corridors were filled with smoke before using an industrial fan to clear the smoke.
No one was hurt in the blaze.