FIREFIGHTERS battled to extinguish a blaze at a derelict club in Chester.
At just before 1.30am on Sunday (November 18) emergency services were called to the Home Guard Club on Canal Street, Chester after reports that smoke had been seen billowing from the building.
When they arrived crews from Chester fire station discovered a fire in the back of the derelict club house.
Eight firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to extinguish the fire, which spread through the back of the building.
Firefighters belive that the fire, which caused some damage to the inside of the building, was caused by an electrical fault.