FIREFIGHTERS have been tackling a pub blaze in Chester this morning (Wednesday, May 20).
Crews were called to the fire on the first floor of The Railway Inn in Brook Street at 11am. The blaze is believed to have been caused by an electrical heater.
A Cheshire Fire spokeswoman said: “Two appliances from Chester and the aerial platform are in attendance.
“The occupiers said everyone was out of the pub. Breathing apparatus and a positive pressure ventilation fan has been used to combat the fire.
“The latest information we have is that the fire involved an electrical heater. Smoke alarms were fitted at the premises and raised the alarm.”
Police were called to the scene to assist with crowd control and any potential road closure.