EIGHT men – one of whom is from Chester – have been charged in connection with the violent disorder which marred Chester FC’s away match at Chorley back in February.
A Lancashire Constabulary spokesperson said today (Monday, June 13): “During the match there was disorder within the ground and at the conclusion of the game there was a large scale pitch invasion followed by outbreaks of disorder outside the ground close to Chorley town centre involving both sets of supporters.
“Five people were arrested on the day for minor public order offences and an investigation was launched into the large scale disorder that took place at the conclusion of the match.
“As a result of this thorough investigation 10 people have been arrested and eight individuals have now been charged with violent disorder.”
The eight men are:
• Carl Unsworth, 29, of Canal Walk, Chorley
• Gareth Roberts, 29, of Draperfield, Chorley
• Lee Woodcock, 33, of Marian Drive Great Boughton, Chester
• Samuel Hay, 22, of New Laurence House, Shawheath Close, Hulme, Manchester
• Stephen Kaye, 39, of Longacre, Clayton Brook, Bamber Bridge
• Paris Blackburn, 23, of Bolton Road, Chorley
• Colin Dunn, 23, of Park Road Chorley
• Anthony Kay, 42, of Lyon Road, Keighley